Friday, November 4, 2011

Remembering the Music, Forgetting the Words

Travels with Mom in the Land of Dementia
Author: Kate Whouley
Subject: Biography, medicine
My rating: 4.5*


About the book:
Another free read from LT. And not only free- a great book! It is a beautiful, compassionate, and genuine account of living and caring for a person with dementia. Kate Whouley writes effortlessly, and her story is unveiled at a perfect pace; she kept me captivated from her first chapter. If you know someone with dementia, or you are a caregiver, look no further. This is a book that will make you believe you are not alone, and that looking at your own fears with faith will change your perspective. The only reason I didn't give this book a maximum rating is because of the spotty editing- some spelling and grammar errors that kept repeating. However, this did not stop me from enjoying the book. I will definitely look for more of this author's works!

No comments:

Post a Comment