Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Voice of Knowledge

A Toltec Wisdom Book
A practical guide to inner peace
Author: Don Miguel Ruiz
Subject: self help
My rating: 4.5*

About the book:
The author's bestseller is 'The four agreements', a powerful code of conduct that can transform lives: be impecable with your word, don't take anything personally, don't make assumptions, always do your best. This book is bringing those 4 agreements into practice, and explores more on the Toltec philosophy. Don't believe yourself and don't believe anyone else sounds harsh, but it means more about not believing in the words of the 'Prince of Lies' inside your head. I liked the portrayal of humans as artists, creating their own life as a work of art; I liked the idea of each human creating their own story, with themselves as the main character. I liked plenty of this book, it's only half a star away from 5* because it tends to be repetitive sometimes. I would love to own this book and re-read it at different times- it is a powerful book that will make you think. It is also a book for those who fear death- it's an encouraging, simple and lovely written prose. Highly recommended!

From the book: (I can't quote everything!)
'All the drama that humans suffer is the result of believing in lies, mainly about ourselves. The first lie we believe is I am not: I am not the way I should be, I am not perfect. The truth is that every human is born perfect because only perfection exists'.

No comments:

Post a Comment