Sunday, July 17, 2011

Murder Without Borders

Dying for the Story in the World's Most Dangerous Places
Author: Terry Gould
Subject: humanitarian
My rating: 2*


About the book:
I was excited buying this book- I admit, I am going through a phase of reading ALOT on the topic of humanitarianism. This book is made of 6 stories of 6 journalists from different corners of the world, who had a courage to stand up and believe in freedom of speech, against their governments. Unfortunately, even though the subject and the idea of the book is great, I couldn't finish this book. The author put plenty of research into each story, to the disadvantage of losing the reader midway through it. I wished the stories would be shorter, more concise, the writing more attractive! I was disappointed because I wanted to read the story to the end, but I simply just couldn't keep my interest up when bombarded with all the details. Too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment